2014 Harbor Medical Director Meeting (MDM) Conference Is July 30
Posted on 07.26.14
It’s rare that workers’ compensation industry on the medical side of the house have the chance to get together and share their insights, experiences and questions. This year, Harbor Health Systems is again creating the unique opportunity with its Medical Director Meeting (MDM) on July 30, in Laguna Beach, California.
Finding and using high-performing physicians in workers compensation, updates on CA SB863 relating to MPNs, and creating a vision for improving outcomes is the focus of this year’s meeting. California medical directors, physicians and executives will be in attendance to learn and share their experiences.
Topics on the agenda include:
- The Scene of MPNs: Update on the MPN program, regulations including CA SB863, and the marketplace
- Best Doctor Detectives on How to find the best physicians
- Panels of employers and payers on issues impacting medical management in workers’ compensation and how to build MPN value
- Discussions to build a vision for the workers’ compensation industry
- The “Big Three” of workers’ compensation – obesity, aging workers, and evolving super viruses
Presenters and Panelists include: Greg Moore, President of Harbor Health systems, Dr. Ted Blatt, Harbor’s Medical Director, Lori Kammerer, lobbyist, George Furlong and Teresa Bartlett from Sedgwick, Yvonne Lavadores from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, and Kevin Glennon, RN, Vice President of Home Health and Complex Care for One Call Care Management.
Whether you’re attending the conference or want to keep up on the discussion, stay up-to-date with the day’s happenings by following our Twitter feed at @harborhealthsys.